Hello There!So this morning I thought I'd share with you the recipe to my chocolate cake! This is my favourite recipe and I always seem to make it, whether it's muffins or for a friends birthday or for a family gathering! I've had positive feedback on this, so I hope it works for you too! If only you could smell the food through the screen, that would top it off! (The decoration, Malteasers and Chocolate Fingers were my sisters request and she turned 15, hence the 15 on the cake)
225g Plain Flour
250g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tbsp Vinegar
50g Cocoa Powder
- Set the oven to 180degrees. Place some greaseproof paper into two 20cm round tins.
- Put the Butter and Sugar into the mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Beat the Eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- In a jug, stir the Vinegar into the Milk, then add half to the mixture.
- Sift in half the Flour, Cocoa Powder and Soda and then fold it in.
- Add the rest of the Milk, Flour, Cocoa Powder and Soda into the mixture, mix until smooth.
- Equally pour the mixture into the two tins and bake for 1 hour. (Muffins are about half the time)
- Take out the cake when you have placed a knife through the middle and it has come out clean.
- To make the Butter Icing for the middle, mix 2 tbsp's of Icing Sugar with a tbsp of Butter. Add either more Icing Sugar or Water to create a stiff consistency. Spread evenly between the layers.
A Teenagers' Life
- Is Now Offline -